Mandatory requirements for planning visit to Sikkim
- Although not mandatory while applying for a Travel Card, tourists are recommended to book only those health & safety compliant accommodation units and avail transport and other services from health & safety compliant tour operators and service providers.
- Tourist visiting Sikkim are required to fill in requisite details in the forms available under the tab for tourists in the Tourism Portal https://sikkimtourism.gov.in. A Travel card can be downloaded after filling all the sections and entering relevant details. The Travel Card is to be shown at the entry point at Rangpo/Melli. The Travel Card is required to be updated by the tourist themselves or the Hotels or Tour operators or TICs on a day to day basis thereafter during their stay in Sikkim
- The Travel Card is required to be carried by the tourist at all times, and they may be asked to produce it for verification and checking by designated Enforcement officers deputed for such purpose.
- Tourists may be fined by the Enforcement Officers if observed to violate the requirements for social distancing, wearing of mask, non-updation of travel card or availing services from non-compliant accommodation units, tour operators/service providers.
- Although not mandatory, tourists are advised to carry a RT-PCR / TrueNat Negative Test Certificate, not older than 72 hours prior to entry into the State of Sikkim.
For more information please visit – http://www.sikkimtourism.gov.in/Public/Index/MandatoryTourist